NGen Announces Co-Investment in Web-Based Training Opportunities for Canadian Manufacturers
Under the AMPUP (Accelerating Manufacturing Performance Upskilling Program), NGen will cover 50% of the cost of training for Canadian manufacturers to enroll their employees in selected skills development and certification programs offered by established trainers. See our list of available courses and eligibility requirements below.
Courses are web-based so they are already COVID friendly and signing up is easy.
1. If you are not an NGen member, sign-up for free here.
2. Download and complete a training plan.
3. Send the completed training plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once approved, we will contact you and the training organization to schedule training and complete enrollment. NGen will provide a one-time funding commitment to the training organization and you will only pay 50% of the retail cost. Stay tuned for future announcements regarding additional training that will be made available to NGen members through our AMPUP program.
- The Applicant must be a Canadian employer in manufacturing
- The Applicant must be an NGen Member (Become a Member)
- The Employer must have a job available for each Participant upon completion of training and the job(s) is/are located in Canada.
- The Employer must not be in receipt of any other government training funds that duplicate this request.
- Training is directly related to the current needs of the business and the available job.
To maximize the number of companies impacted, the maximum AMPUP training allowance per company is limited to $10,000 ($5,000 of NGen matching funds).
- The employer must agree that NGen reserves the right to contact participants, trainers or any other person in order to substantiate training activities, records or other related matters.
- The Employer is aware that NGen will ask the Employer and Participant employees to participate in follow-up surveys about the program to support continuous improvement and accountability, and, if approved, will commit to participating in these surveys and ensuring its employees do the same to the best of its ability; and
- All determinations regarding eligibility are, and shall remain, at the sole discretion of NGen.
The Advanced Manufacturing Technician program is a 7 week online program designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge required for work as entry-level advanced
manufacturing technicians. Course Overview
- Retail Cost: $1,920
- NGen Member Cost: $480
The Productivity certificate program is an 8 week online program designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge needed to increase productivity in the manufacturing workplace. Course Overview
- Retail Cost: $2,450
- NGen Member Cost: $612
The Mechatronics & Industrial Automation Technician program is a 9 week program designed to help students develop the skills and
knowledge needed for work as entry-level mechatronics and industrial automation technicians. Course Overview
- Retail Cost: $2,980
- NGen Member Cost: $745