Last modified: December 15, 2018
1.0 Privacy is important to NGen
2.0 Data Definitions
Personal Data is data about an individual that can be used to identify them.
Confidential Data includes data a legal entity may declare as confidential for business reasons.
3.0 The Personal and Confidential Information We Collect
When you access the publically available section of this website (the “NGen Public Site”) we may collect:
2. Email requests from you which will include personal identifying data like your email address and any other contact information you have provided.
When you choose to apply for Supercluster
Membership we collect:
1. If you are applying on behalf of an organization we collect your organization type and profile including products and services offered, contact details including address, email address of an authorized representative of the organization, advanced manufacturing focus, and R&D capabilities. NGen treats the majority of this data as public data but for some types of organizations a requested data element may be deemed to be confidential to the organization;
2. If you are applying as an individual, an advanced manufacturing researcher, or a subject matter expert we collect your personal information, including name, contact information including address, affiliations, LinkedIn, advanced manufacturing focus, and research domain; and
Like most website operators, we collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
1. Directly from you when contacting us through the NGen pubic website;
2. Directly from you when apply to become a Supercluster Member; and
3. Automatically from devices that you use to connect to the Site.
4.0 How we Use and Process Your Information
How We Use Your Information
The information provided to us when you contact us through the NGen Public Site is used to communicate with you and address your enquiries.
The data that we capture in the Membership Application Form is used to determine membership eligibility and will be retained if you or the organization on whose behalf you are applying for or you, as individual candidate member are eligible. If the organization or individual are not eligible, we will retain the data you provide us for a period of three (3) years in the event of a dispute or audit. For information on how we use data you provide through the Membership Application Form, please review the Supercluster Membership Application Data Use Policy.
How We Disclose Your Information
At your request or with your consent;
With our service providers and business partners or other third-party services providers who carry out tasks on our behalf;
Certain information may be shared with third parties or published when you follow links to third-party websites, we do not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you may be providing information to them directly - such parties will have their own rules and policies in respect of the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and we encourage you to review these rules and policies:
In connection with a merger, acquisition, or other corporate transaction, including if one of our business units are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company.
How We Secure Your Personal and Confidential Information
We have taken steps to ensure that all information collected will remain secure and in its original form, i.e. free from any alteration. Access to all information (except publicly available information) is strictly controlled. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access and to maintain data security.
Retention of Personal and Confidential Information
We retain personal and confidential information that we collect for as long as is necessary to fulfill identified legal or business purposes.
1. Email correspondence from the NGen Public Site will be retained for a period of three (3) years in the event of a dispute or audit;
2. Eligible member application data becomes member data will require Supercluster members to attest the data for retention annually.
6.0. Your Rights to Your Information
You may request (i) access to your specific information collected, (ii) to know the categories of information we have collected; (iii) to know the categories of sources from which your information is collected, (iv) to know how we use your information, (v) to know to whom it has been disclosed and (vi) that we delete your information, subject to limited exceptions prescribed by law.
Requests should be made in writing and we must be able to verify your identity before we are able to release your personal information to you. We will respond to requests within 45 days or provide notice if we require longer, but will respond within 90 days of receiving the request. We will provide you with your information in a portable, readily useable format free of charge, but we may charge a reasonable fee for excessive requests. Providing you with your information more than twice in a 12-month period is at our discretion.
We may not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights permitted by law, including your right to request your personal information as described above.
7.0 How to Contact Us
The full name of NGen is Next Generation Manufacturing Canada and our address is:
McMaster Innovation Park - #301-175 Longwood Road S., Hamilton, ON, L8P 0A1.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.