Manufacturing has been a cornerstone of economic growth in Canada. Now our manufacturers must be at the forefront of technological change to grow and compete globally.
NGen helps Canadian manufacturers and technology companies – big and small – navigate the global shift to advanced manufacturing.
NGen is a connector, linking companies, researchers and investors.
And we’re the engine of the Canadian government’s major investment in the Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster.
As an industry-led, not-for-profit organization, NGen will:
- Build a platform to connect Canadian manufacturers, technology providers, schools, government and business networks engaged in advanced manufacturing, accelerating the diffusion of new technologies and processes.
- Facilitate access to public funding and private investments for technology adoption and scale-up initiatives, including through the federal government’s Advanced Manufacturing Supercluster.
- De-risk adoption and scale-up for smaller manufacturing and technology companies.
- Strengthen public awareness of the importance of advanced manufacturing to Canada’s prosperity and of the world-leading technologies and skills developed here.
- Advise and advocate for the skills development, intellectual property protections, environmental benefits and competitive advantages of advanced manufacturing.